Saturday, October 03, 2009

中秋節

Today, according to the Chinese Lunar Year, is August 15, 2009 the Mid-Autumn Festival, more commonly known as the Moon Festival. I didn't get a chance to see the moon tonight, but like every year, it is supposedly the fullest and roundest on this day. I believe this past Thursday, October 1, 2009 was The Republic of China's 60th Independence Day and I am able to conclude, through the help of KyLin TV, that this year's ceremonies were perhaps the best yet. Mother seems to have adhered herself to our leather couch about a yard away from the television screen. As we watched the citizens of China sing and dance, I noticed Mother's soul flew to join the performers and officials gathered at Tiananmen Square. And spontaneously, without my consent, my soul followed hers. It would be so nice to be in China this time of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment