Monday, June 29, 2009

Presently

The wise Oogway (the pinyin for turtle in Cantonese Chinese) from Kung Fu Panda once said, "There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Today, I must reluctantly bid farewell to what seemed like a 10 year odyssey gone by in a day and a half, but was actually a 10 day conference gone by in a week and a half. The little expectation I had for what I initially labeled as an "excuse" grew as the "excuse" continually exceeded what I hoped it to be. The only disappointment I have is at the unfortunate truth that it has already come to an end. Although I am slightly disoriented, incredibly exhausted, and have been experiencing occasional vertigo, I am temporarily content. I say this with the utmost sincerity, it has been one crazy adventure.
It makes me wonder. Should one walk through life with low expectations in fear of disappointment? Not expecting much gave me such a pleasant surprise that I question whether it would be wise to face every situation this way. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment